• After breakfast, pack for over-night Mountain lake adventure.
• Bus through the Mountains and villages to Lake Hanabanilla.
• 1-hour Boat ride on Lake Hanabanilla to Reo Negro
• 12:00pm Lunch at Reo Negro
• Activities: Hiking, swimming, and exploring waterfalls
• 7:30pm Dinner at Reo Negro
• Glamping under the stars
** You will be provided with a foam mattress, fresh linen, and wool blanket. You are welcome to bring a light sleeping bag and travel pillow. We recommend you bring warm clothes for this experience as it gets cool in the mountains at night.
** Please bring a day/overnight pack (dry bags also recommended) that can accommodate warm clothes, bathing suit, pillow, toiletries, snacks, towel for above activities.
ACCOMMODATION: Thatched roofed open huts of Reo Negro
DAY 6 Jungle hike / Waterfalls / Boat ride / 4 by 4 Mountain Truck Ride
• 7:30 breakfast at Reo Negro
• Boat tour of Lake Hanabanilla to Jibacoa Dam
• 4 by 4 Russian mountain truck tour of Escambray Mountains.
** Dress warm for the truck ride in the mountains.
• Visit mountain coffee house and botanical tea shop.
• Lunch will be at a private restaurant or mountain market place for a light lunch in the community.
• 2-3hr Jungle hike and swim into a hidden cave system and waterfall.
** Bring bathing suit
• 4 by 4 Mountain truck transfer to bus. Short bus ride to Trinidad
• Check in to Trinidad Casa
• 7:30pm dinner at Trindada Casa.
ACCOMMODATION: Trinidad Casas
DAY 7 Catamaran Cruise / Snorkeling / Exploring Cayo Blanco Island / Old Trinidad Walking Tour
• 7:30am breakfast in Casa
• Round trip Catamaran cruise approximately 18km south of Trinidad to a remote island named Cayo Blanco.
• Snorkel, swim and walk the beaches of this 2km long island.
• Lunch will be served on the island.
• Tour of old Trinidad City, a UNESCO world heritage site.
• 7:30pm final dinner at Vista Gourmet.
** Last night on the town enjoying music and dance.
ACCOMMODATION: Trinidad Casas
DAY 8 Off to the Airport
•After breakfast, enjoy free time until you head to Santa Clara International Airport via a private shuttle.
•Have a safe flight home and we hope to see you again on another Cuba Adventure Company get-a-way.
ACCOMMODATION: Your own bed!
DAY 1 Guajimico Villa
• Arrive at Santa Clara International airport. You will be welcomed just outside the airport by your Cuban guide and professional bus driver.
• Exchange your money into the local Cuban currency (C.U.C.).
• Lunch on the first day is the only meal not included in your trip cost. If your flight arrives in time for lunch, we will arrange a great meal for you.
• 2hr. bus ride to Villa Guajimico. This resort is perched on top of ancient coral cliffs overlooking the ocean.
• Horseback ride through the rolling hills of Cuba’s central mountain range on route to the turquoise waters and isolated private beach. Cool down in the ocean with a refreshing swim and relax on the beach.
• Circle back to our starting point for lunch at La Vega restaurant.
• Bus back to Villa Guajimico.
• 4:00-6:00pm Paddle Boarding and Snorkeling.
• 7:30pm Dinner at Villa Guajimico restaurant.
• 9:30pm meet at outdoor bar to learn Latin dances by Cuban dance instructor.
ACCOMMODATION: Villa Guajimico
DAY 3 Hike / Snorkel / Rock Climb / Cave
• 7:30am Breakfast
• 9:00am meet at the pool ready for hiking, caving, snorkelling, swimming and climbing
• Bring a small day pack to carry a bagged lunch, snorkeling gear, towel, swim suit, climbing items, flash light / head light, sunscreen, hat and plenty of water.
• Hike takes approximately 45mins – 1hour across the tops of ancient coral cliffs and through a jungle valley arriving at Paradise Beach. Enjoy world class snorkeling, rock climbing (don’t worry we have the gear and expertise!), swimming and relaxing on the beach.
• Lunch with prepared bagged lunch.
• After lunch, hike back a different route through a majestic cave system. The trail winds its way back to Villa Guajimico.
• Swim in the pool and/or relax before we depart to Cienfuegos for two nights.