8 Days, 7 Nights
Our newest adventure begins in the streets of Old Havana, a U.N.E.S.C.O World heritage city. The folklore of this famous city is still palpable as you walk the cobbled streets being infused by the music and culture all around you. You feel as if you're been transported back to a simpler time, a time where the vibrancy of music, art and dance energize this historic city. From old cars to famous cigars we head West to the wilds of the Viñales. This valley is encircled by mountains and interspersed with dramatic rocky outcrops, spectacular caves and natural pools. Here the artistry of traditional techniques is still seen in agricultural production, particularly in the form of the Cohiba which you will experience firsthand. Beautiful white sand beaches, aquamarine waters, pristine reefs are just around the corner to complete your Wild West Adventure. From the city to the country to the beach…by foot, bike, horseback and paddleboard this adventure will have you feeling wild about Cuba!
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MULTI-SPORT Wild West TRIP
- Old Havana
- Classic Cars
- Museums, Art, Churches and City Squares
- Caves and natural pools
- Horseback riding
- Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Beach combing
- Casas Particulares
- Arrive at Havana International airport. You will be welcomed just outside the airport by your Cuban guide and professional bus driver.
- Exchange your money into the local Cuban currency (C.U.C.).
- Lunch on the first day is the only meal not included in your trip cost. If your flight arrives in time for lunch, we will arrange a great meal for you.
- 40min. bus ride to the heart of Old Havana. This 500 year-old U.N.E.S.C.O. World Heritage City will be your home for 2 nights.
- Late afternoon interpretive walk of this historic city.
- 7:30 Dinner at NAO. This small intimate private restaurant has great food and authentic live music.
- 8:00am breakfast at Casa
- 9:00am depart by foot through the streets of Havana, visiting 4 important city squares, churches, armories, bars, and famous hotels ending at Jose Marti Square.
- Pick out your favourite classic car for a tour around the outskirts of Havana. Stops include: Sea-side Malecon, Embassy’s, Revolution square, John Lennon park, Morro Castle and more.
- 1:00pm Lunch at one of our favourite secret spots.
- Visit Castillo de la Real Fuerza Museum and the Havana Club Rum Factory.
- Finishing our Havana walking tour at the San Jose Art Factory. The perfect spot to buy beautiful original art and hand made crafts.
- 7:30am Breakfast at Casa
- 8:30am Depart via air-conditioned coach bus to the breath-taking Viñales Valley where the spectacular limestone cliffs rise like islands 1000’ from the bottom of the valley.
- 12:00pm Lunch at private restaurant in downtown Viñales.
- Free time to explore the city streets.
- 2:00pm check-in to our Casas.
- 3:00pm meet up with our Mountain cowboy and his horses for an amazing ride that will include: A visit to s tobacco farmer’s home and barns to learn all about the art of cigar making. A visit to a beautiful cave with a natural pool where you can swim before riding back through this majestic valley to our Casas.
- 7:30 Dinner at our Casa.
- Free time in the evening.
- 7:30am Breakfast at our Casa.
- 8:30am Bike from Viñales to Pons along the edge of Viñales National Park. Approx. 24km with gentle grades on beautiful roads. The bus will meet us in Pons to take us 30-40 mins to the beautiful Beach of Cayo Jutias.
- 12:00pm Lunch on the beach.
- After lunch, enjoy snorkeling, stand-up paddle boarding and swimming in the aqua-blue waters.
- 7:30pm dinner at Finca Agroecologica El Paraiso. This world-famous farm serves up amazing organic fresh food right from the fields. Many reviews claim it to be the best authentic dinning experience in all of Cuba. You be the judge!
- 7:30am Breakfast at Casas
- After breakfast there is free time to wonder the streets of Viñales’s. For the more adventurous, we will be offering zip-lining just outside of Viñales. Stunning views while zipping along high above the ground!
- 10:30-11:00am we will depart to the Peninsula de Guanahacabibes National Park.
- 12:30pm Lunch stop in El Sabalo at a private Restaurant called Casa Don Juan.
- 1:30pm to 2:30pm drive towards the boundary of Guanahacabibes Park.
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm Bike through the Nation Park and alongside the Bay of Corrientes, some of the most beautiful shoreline in all of Cuba. Enjoy the brilliant white sand beaches on route to Maria La Gorda Hotel. Approx 15-20km (or more if you like!)
- 5:00pm check-in to Maria La Gorda Hotel
- Relax and enjoy the perfect setting as the sun sets over the turquoise waters.
- 7:30pm Dinner at the hotel
- Free-time in the evening
- 8:00am breakfast at Hotel
- Morning option of Diving or Snorkeling with instructors from the international dive school at the Hotel. Experience the most beautiful reefs and marine life in all of Cuba.
- 1:00pm lunch at the hotel
- After lunch enjoy free-time
- 7:30pm Dinner at Hotel
- 7:30am breakfast in Hotel
- 8:30am Depart towards La Terrazas.
- 12:00pm Lunch in La Terrazas. This area is a nature lovers delight.
- After lunch hike through the forests and a river valley to the ruins of an old coffee plantation. Enjoy a quick soak in some natural pools before finishing our hike.
- 4:00pm Drive the remaining 1.5 hours into Havana
- 5:30pm Check into our casas in Old Havana.
- 7:30pm Dinner at Mas Habana. This is where we can share our experiences, reminisce and plan our next adventure!
- After breakfast, enjoy free time until you head to Havana International Airport via a private shuttle.
- Have a safe flight home and we hope to see you again on another Cuba Adventure Company get-a-way.
Please note: Custom dates available upon request