- Fully brimmed light hat
- Sun glasses
- 1 Light splash top and/or light raincoat
- 1 Fleece top
- 1 Long sleeved rash guard
- 2-3 light long sleeved poly/merino tops
- 2-3 T-shirts
- 2 Swim suits
- 2 Light hiking shorts
- 2 light hiking pants
- Water sandals and/or water shoes
- Light hiking boots
- Bug juice
- Head lamp for the Caves or night walks
- A water proof dry bag for your day tripping items (20-30 litre should do it)
- A couple durable water bottles. Bottled water can be bought in most places
- Water proof camera or a least something to put your camera in that is water proof
- Snorkel/fins/mask- bring your own or rent
- Snacks. Cuba has a very limited selection of western world snacks so we recommend bringing items like power bars, granola bars, gorp and/or candy. It’s always good to have some munchies when exerting energy paddling. Chocolate melts in Cuba!
- Money - Bring some of your local cash to Cuba and exchange it at the airport to the Cuban C.U.C.. Remember that you will need it to buy things in Cuban and to also tip locals for their services. Banks are very sparse in Cuba and visa and mastercard are pretty much useless where we travel.
- TP - Bring a roll of toilet paper with you. Trust me on this one!
- CELL - If you are bringing a cell phone and plan to use it make sure to get a Cuba plan from your provider!!! If you forget to do this you will be shocked when your bill arrives.
- GRATUITIES - Cubans are very proud people and will not beg and harass you for money. 1 CUC = 1.37 Canadian (roughly)
- CLOTHING - THINK SALSA!
- POWER PLUGS - To adapt or not to adapt that is the question. No Adaptors necessary!!
General Tip'ing Guidelines
Remember that all Cubans make approx. 20 CUC a month which is very little, so anything that we can do to help in the way of small gifts and tips really does make a big difference.
- 1 CUC per meal
- 3-5 CUC for special meal
- 3-5 CUC for special musical guest(s)
- 3-5 CUC for special interpretive guest(s)
CUBA ALL-STAR TEAM or CAST: If you have a great adventure with our CAST, $100.00 CUC / client or approximately 5% of the cost of the trip is recommended. Our CAST includes: Canadian guide, Lead Cuban guide, Interpretive Cuban guide and bus driver who will all be with us for the duration of the trip. If they exceed your expectations feel free to show your appreciation.
PLEASE NOTE: To avoid any confusion, please approach your friendly neighbourhood Canadian guide with your tip at the end of the trip (typically after the last supper) who will distribute the funds accordingly.
Thank you for supporting our CAST of characters!
SEA KAYAKS and ACCESSORIES
We believe that quality equipment helps to enhance your experience which is why we only use top of the line kayaks, paddles and pfd’s!
CURRENT DESIGNS VISION 150 (15’)
The Vision 150 delivers an excellent mix of on water efficiency and maneuverability. With a standard rudder the Vision 150 displays the highest level of tracking for a light touring kayak. Featuring enough storage capacity for long weekend trips and the efficiency to travel new distances, this is a perfect kayak for our Cuba kayak adventures. The V 150 has a generously sized keyhole cockpit that allows for easy entry and exit, as well as ample foot room and large storage capacity. They also feature lower faceted decks that have minimal wind exposure making for an enjoyable in-control paddling experience. These features coupled with the confidence inspiring 24” beam allow the Vision 150 paddler to experience a true kayak fit and feel while developing a myriad of skills at their own pace. The Vision 150 is constructed from a vacuum bagged Kevlar hybrid material, which allows for an unsurpassed combination of light weight, stiffness and toughness. Saying that, we recommend the ‘lift n’ place’ and not the ‘drag’ technique when moving the kayaks.
CURRENT DESIGNS DOUBLE VISION
Like the Vision 150, the Double Vision shares all the design, function, and performance of the solo in a kayak for two. This 16’8” kayak offers high levels of stability and tracking that will provide hours of paddling fun in all conditions. One of the most popular selling tandem kayak, it features two keyhole cockpits that are spaced just far enough apart that you won't "bump blades" if you get out of sync. As with the solo models, the Double Vision is constructed from a vacuum bagged Kevlar hybrid layup which allows for an unsurpassed combination of light weight, stiffness and toughness. Like the Vision 150 we recommend the ‘lift n’ place’ and not the ‘drag’ technique when moving the kayaks.
We have 2 Vaags in our fleet for the advanced paddler. The Vaag 174 is a 17’4” stylish sea kayak with flawless performance for the savvy paddler. With exceptional handling and performance you'll feel like pushing your limits in this boat. Typically for the guides, you may persuade us to give it a try!
The Salus Eddy-Flex offers added contouring back foam, tapered shoulders, Dry-Lex back lining, pull-forward adjustments and an easy-grab zipper tab, making it a welcome companion to any water adventure. The addition of unisex styling, contoured fit, easy-on front zipper design, 3MTM reflective trim, rounded edges and soft-foam construction put the Eddy-flex in a league of high-end vests with streamlined features.